[aprssig] FW: APRS Symbol for Fox hunting?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Feb 10 11:17:53 EST 2017

I've not actually tested it, but APRSISCE/32 should gracefully ignore
any DF symbol that contains improperly formatted data.  The station
should display with the symbol, but without any of the extra visual
features.

And this is a timely message!  I'm going to be at the Orlando Hamcation
tomorrow and they have a Foxhunt scheduled at 4:00pm. I'm not sure if
I'll participate in the actual hunt (having never done one before), but
maybe I'll see if the participants can give me a copy of their reports
after the fox is found and I can post the DF objects showing their
discoveries.  I could even post the different teams with different
!shriek! qualifiers so that APRSISCE/32 users can see them individually
using the View / Shrieks display filter.

Probably won't get any objects on the map until Sunday sometime, but it
would be an interesting exercise (and possible debugging aid for
APRSISCE/32's implementation of DF support).  And who knows, maybe I'll
hook the display into my upcoming APRSISMO Android client sooner than later!