[aprssig] NMEA and WX stations

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Dec 21 15:37:09 EST 2017

Two independent sources of the same link.  Must be the best one there is.

Yes, weather software that creates the wxnow.txt file updates it
periodically.  APRS software that uses the wxnow.txt file polls it for
changes and generates APRS packets periodically as well.  The two
periods don't necessarily coincide as the both programs are running in
parallel.