[aprssig] APRS Satellite w/ Rubber Duck?

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Tue Apr 11 08:58:36 EDT 2017

It’ FM with thousands of radios within range at any time.  I digipeated off the ISS from Oklahoma and was received in Mexico City.  Large footprint and lots of activity will require more antenna to put you 8-12db hotter than everyone else.   A small handheld yagi is nearly essential for “portable” satellite work.  It will make a big deal if you get a circularly polarized antenna to get the extra benefit of not being off phase from the satellite or able to stay with it, if it is spinning.

Gregg
W5GGW