[aprssig] of interest to IGate client authors?

Jim Alles kb3tbx at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 09:10:41 EST 2016

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 7:16 AM, Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists <
hamlists at ametx.com> wrote:

>  I will review today to update those guides to the represent the current
> implementations of -my- software.
>
>Thank you, Pete.​

​And, good morning. ​
​I have one item that I can't seem to find any definition of from
http://www.aprs-is.net/Connecting.aspx

"If your client software is bidirectional (sends and receives), turn off
the Nagel algorithm when connecting to APRS-IS as it can introduce
significant delays (TCP_NODELAY)​"

Could you please describe its function, the syntax of the command, and the
behavior of connecting to the restricted feed (TCP port 14580) vs. TCP port
8080 & HTTP.

What is the default, and is it recommended to use on a receive-only IGate,
or receive-only packets (where the sending station is determined to be NOT
local, and the IGate does not intend to transmit messages to)  going
forward?

Respectfully,
Jim A.
I haz coffee