[aprssig] [amsat-bb] Free content from six satellites via Outernet (APRS?)

Emile emile at tobeatic.org
Tue Mar 1 11:36:00 EST 2016

Bob,

In a similar vein, I came across the lx9ses site that retransmits the
aprs traffic around Luxemburg; via the Astra satellite.

http://www.rlx.lu/qso/repeaters/aprs/160-lx9ses-aprs-sat-gateway.html

I reached out to them quite recently (17.02.2016) and here was the
reply:

      A Raspberry PI connects here on site
      to one of the main APRS servers and
      forwards all reports around Luxembourg
      (radius = 1200km if I remember well)
      to the satellite IP gateway.

      So most of Europe is transmitted by
      satellite!

      The service is running, I see data,
      but I have not checked it for some time.

Seems a variation of what your talking about is in test?

Emile,