[aprssig] Solar Eclipse Reservations 2017 APRS

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Fri Jun 24 16:53:19 EDT 2016

>> On Jun 23, 2016, at 8:16 PM, Robert Bruninga via aprssig <aprssig at tapr.org> wrote:

forgot to answer this bit...

>> On APRS we are probably going to encourage people to post ECLIPSE objects when they are at totality so everyone can see it move across the country in real time on their APRS radios.  Also, we can use either the ANSERVER or CQSERVER to blog about it on the air in real time...

Really Bob? The one thing I can guarantee, absolutely guarantee, is I will not be posting an object, or even thinking the least little bit about APRS, ham radio, or blogging! This is an event for which we should be encouraging people to turn off their radios, and just EXPERIENCE! Unlike most once-in-a-lifetime things, this one really is, at least for most of us. NO TECH (except safe viewing devices ;-)

Steve K4HG