[aprssig] IGate Registering for ANSRVR (Messaging failures)

Boyd Prestwood K5YKG k5ykg at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 15 15:20:34 EDT 2016

I remember the "original" gateway stations were recommended to gate
packets from HF-to-VHF (300bps-to-1200bps)... 1-way only.  The rational
being traffic coming from a 300-bps channel would fit into a 1200-bps
channel without any problem but going the other way, VHF-to-HF
(1200bps-to-300bps) would quickly saturate the HF channel.  I-Gates came
along with the inclusion of the Internet. Maybe that's where some of the
"confusion" started?

My memory may be foggy going back into the early 1990's... some may
remember this differently!

Have fun es 73...
Boyd Prestwood, K5YKG (ex-W2HOB)
Now near Houston, TX