[aprssig] IGate Registering for ANSRVR (Messaging failures)

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Fri Jul 15 14:20:22 EDT 2016

Yes, and that is proper.  An IGate is not a digipeater.  You can collocate a digipeater at the IGate but the IGate is to assume that if both stations are local, it is only causing QRM if it tries to repeat the packet received on RF back to RF.  Keep in mind it is very easy to overrun a 1200 bps from APRS-IS so every effort is to restrict gating to RF to only those stations definitely in the target area from stations outside of the target area.  This is also the reason to keep the target area to the minimum necessary for reliable communications (as Bob has properly pointed out).

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net