[aprssig] KPC-3 Ver 8.0 Digpeater settings

Kriss A Kliegle kliegle at myfairpoint.net
Mon Feb 22 20:25:58 EST 2016

Try reading the following:

http://www.aprs.org/kpc3/kpc3+82WIDEn.txt

Buried deep in there is a command that might help, but with a cost....
not proper handling of the 'new paradigm' due to the age of the TNC.
It only sends packets out one hop after, not subtracting one from the
N value and sending it along the way.

Near the bottom of the above page is the following:

D.  Instead use the UIDIGI alias list to support WIDE1-1 first-hops
for mobiles and to TRAP the larger N's.  Set UIDIGI as follows:

UIDIGI ON, WIDE1-1, WIDE4-4, WIDE5-5, WIDE6-6

These specific aliases for the larger N's will act like traps because
this digi will digipeat them once and then no farther.  The closer
you get to a high density area, the smaller N's you should limit.
In typical WIDE2-2 areas, set UIDIGI to include WIDE3-3,WIDE4-4,
WIDE5-5,WIDE6-6.  Also if you are getting lots of W4-1 packets from a
distant city that is not trapping 4-4 at the source, you can also trap
those specifically by adding WIDE4-1 to the UIDIGI alias list.  For
more on this be sure to see how we did it in Los Angeles, and prevented
anything above two hops from getting into the Los Angeles Basin.

So, you need to set an alias of WIDE1-1, and possibly trapping the WIDE3-3,
WIDE4-4 as in:

UIDIGI ON, WIDE1-1, WIDE3-3, WIDE4-4

Or spend $40 on an OT-3 Mini and get something designed in this century and
able to work with the
new paradigm easily!
https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=167&osCsid=c08rCfaeWv3Hi8GXo5V971

I retired my KPC-3's due to being great QRM makers and went to the OT-3
mini's.

73 Kriss KA1GJU-X    Where X=INT(9)

---