[aprssig] aprx won't digi from TNC2 interface?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 20:17:35 EDT 2016

> On Aug 22, 2016, at 5:30 PM, Frank Knobbe <frank at knobbe.us> wrote:

> It is documented in the manual. TNC2 is igate-only.

Nor to be pedantic,  the 2.08 manual says a TNC2 is receive only, which is not (to my mind) the same as RX-gate only.

> That said, there's enough data to build ax.25 packets. The relevant
> low-level functions are present in the code. If you're comfortable
> hacking C, you can easily add that functionality yourself.

At this point I plan to punt aprx and write a perl script with ham::aprs::fap which has a function that converts tnc2 to kiss (assuming CPAN gets along with the beaglebone black), but if it's easy for you to generate a diff I can apply it and see how it goes.

thanks,
Jason
kg4wsv