[aprssig] aprx won't digi from TNC2 interface?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 18:29:36 EDT 2016

> On Aug 21, 2016, at 5:10 PM, Kenneth Finnegan <kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> TNC2 interfaces are igate only in APRX. TNC2 doesn't include all the AX.25 header bits, so you don't have enough information to recreate the packet on an out-going interface.

Yes and no. It's not there in AX.25 binary form but in general there's enough data (depending on the specific TNC2 implementation).
> I thought it was documented. Let me know if it isn't in the manual and we can open a ticket to fix that.

TFM says a TNC2 interface is receive only, but does not address digipeating from a TNC2 interface to a KISS interface (which lead to me assume it would work).

So yeah, that should be added to the docs to save some other poor sod a 2 hour troubleshooting session when it's really a WAD problem.

Is there anything that will digi the TNC2 format?

thanks,
Jason
kg4wsv