[aprssig] APRS volunteer needed in Raleigh NC Saturday?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Apr 28 21:54:25 EDT 2016

ON Saturday in Raleigh, the IEEE mobile Disaster response and
communications van will be on display for training.

I’m trying to get an idea if it has Ham radio Equip on board, or solar,
and/or APRS.?  I can’t seem to get through the fog…

If anyone is in Raleigh and looking for something to do on Saturday, here
is the site:

https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/m/39387

The formal training (I assume for IEEE members) is 10AM to 4PM.  There is
not registration fee but it is probably only for IEEE members.  But all I
am interested in learning about is what is in it from a HAM’s or APRS
person’s perspective.  Better yet, getting some photos of the inside.

You could probably just hang around in the parking lot as a bystander and
get a peek.

Here is their web page for the van…

http://ieeeusa.org/volunteers/outreach/

But I cannot find any links with any detail… Hence, this email for APRS
boots on the ground in Raleigh…

Bob, Wb4APR