[aprssig] APRS Message Callsign SPEC- Ambiguity (ACKS still work)

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Apr 26 21:48:58 EDT 2016

APRSISCE/32 expects and requires the ack to come from the addressed
station.  It will not accept an ack from another source station even if
the proper ack sequence is provided.  There was actually a bug in one of
the early iPhone (or was it Android) APRS client applications that
caused it to send an ack to the last station a message was received
from, but for EVERY message it saw after that.  APRSISCE/32 calls that a
"pirated" ack and ignores it.

I cannot think of a single reason that an ack from a non-addressed
station should satisfy a message addressed to a specific station.