[aprssig] APRS Message Callsign SPEC- Ambiguity

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Mon Apr 25 17:45:16 EDT 2016

As a clarification, the station call in -unnumbered- messages can be either upper and/or lower case but not numbered messages.  Why?  Because to acknowledge the message -directly- via RF requires an AX.25 compliant callsign-SSID which is a maximum of 6 upper case characters and a SSID of 0 ("silent") through 15.  I mention this because your example is communicating with a satellite via RF.

Just something to keep in mind...

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net