[aprssig] Before You Install Windows 10 (Or even if you don't want to) Read This

MJ Inabnit ke6sls at arrl.net
Tue Sep 22 00:33:42 EDT 2015

Oh wow...  You need to give yourself permission to use the comports and
dialout group.  I've added myself to a couple of others, but yeah, the
comports were borked a few years ago for security reasons.  Do a google
search on it for explicit directions.  Not at all hard though.  Log out
of the box, then back in, the rest should come along nicely.

Ive used wine with the MS binary digital ssb/fm and know it fixes your
problem.  Also have a pair of tnc's running 24/7 on my mint machine.

good luck om.  if you need more help, reply directly, we'll get you up
and runnin'.

73

--

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the toshiba w/thunderchicken3