[aprssig] Before You Install Windows 10 (Or even if you don't want to) Read This

pfbram at comcast.net pfbram at comcast.net
Thu Sep 17 11:38:10 EDT 2015

Apologies-- I hit "send" too quickly. I mean Lynn's program APRSISCE/32. I like YAAC on Linux, and the constraint of pre-downloading OSM tiles so that it is not internet dependent. But I also use APRSISCE/32 as my main satellite i-gate package and appreciate willy-nilly zooming around maps at the continental level. Both of these are good features, depending on use-case.

Re: Windows. Dell has long since manufactured lower-end consumer grade PC's available at the big boxes, as well as their business/government class Optiplex lines (better enclosures, air flow, cooling, etc.) Is it possible that Microsoft might release two versions of Windows (divided along these audiences)? i.e. One for "the masses", and one for research/business/government? It's difficult to imagine all the hooks into data/content passing a serious IT security audit.

In my unit at work, Windows is not used any more. Most people have gone Apple or Linux.

73, KD0KZE / Paul