[aprssig] What is the process to make changes to APRS symbols document ?

Javier Henderson javier at kjsl.org
Wed Sep 9 21:38:12 EDT 2015

> On Sep 9, 2015, at 8:22 PM, Tom via aprssig <aprssig at tapr.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> Thanks for the response!
>
> It would appear that I'm the first to notice this behavior and query about it.  I think you hit the nail on the head with the comment about running a software update.
>
> I'm going to assume that you run a server from your comments.  And we're really wasting one another's time rolling down through an online troubleshooting list, but here goes...
>
> My IGate is W1TG-1 and it's currently connected to the Fifth Tier 1.  What we no longer see is anything *-A *-B *-C *-D...DStar Repeaters and Hotspots nor do we see DStar Users who are sending position data via those Repeaters and Hotspots.  I.E. W1TG
>
> I'm experienced with my IGate and confident that this is the result of outside Server-side changes.
>
> Who writes the software and provides the updates? Are they on this group? APRSC Server…

Tom,

Looks like W1TG-1 is connected to FIFTH, which I run.

I’m trying to follow your line of reasoning, but can’t grasp where you’re going with it.

The server doesn’t filter anything on its side of the connection initiated on your end. I run aprsc which is open source, and well documented (I believe Tom KD7LXL posted links to the source and documentation elsewhere on this thread).

Try connecting to one of the other tier 1 or 2 servers, and see what happens. Some are running javaprssrvr, many are running aprsc, if they all fail to produce the traffic you’re sending then maybe the problem is on your end.

73,
-jav k4jh