[aprssig] What is the process to make changes to APRS symbols document ?

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 20:44:04 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Tom <tom.w1tg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Thanks for the response!
>
> It would appear that I'm the first to notice this behavior and query about it.  I think you hit the nail on the head with the comment about running a software update.
>
> I'm going to assume that you run a server from your comments.  And we're really wasting one another's time rolling down through an online troubleshooting list, but here goes...
>
> My IGate is W1TG-1 and it's currently connected to the Fifth Tier 1.  What we no longer see is anything *-A *-B *-C *-D...DStar Repeaters and Hotspots nor do we see DStar Users who are sending position data via those Repeaters and Hotspots.  I.E. W1TG
>
> I'm experienced with my IGate and confident that this is the result of outside Server-side changes.
>
> Who writes the software and provides the updates? Are they on this group? APRSC Server...
>
> Tom - W1TG

FIFTH is run by Jav and was updated 9 days ago to aprsc
2.0.16-g1e779dc. You can see the list of changes here:
https://github.com/hessu/aprsc/commits/master

Can you provide any examples of specific objects that are no longer
coming through? And what callsign do they originate from?

You mentioned "anything *-A *-B *-C *-D", but also that we're talking
about an igate. Don't forget that the protocol used over the air is
AX.25, and that AX.25 source callsigns only support numbers 0-15 for
the SSID. The APRS-IS just sends ASCII over TCP, so it doesn't care,
but these -A, -B, etc., sourced packets won't be able to go out your
TNC.

It looks like your igate filter is:
m/350 b/k1hbr* -b/cw*

It's possible that the stations you're looking for no longer qualify
for that filter, but you haven't given us enough information to tell.

Tom KD7LXL