[aprssig] is there a new APRS-IS server filter restriction?

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 08:57:56 EST 2015

Greetings, all.

I was doing some testing on my APRS client program, and noticed I wasn't getting data corresponding to one of my filter expressions on my APRS-IS connection. For r-type filters (r/lat/lon/radius), is there a maximum radius allowed? I had bumped the radius up to a couple thousand kilometers to do some load testing, and today I suddenly wasn't getting anything from that filter (I was still receiving station packets for other filter expressions that either weren't r-type or had a smaller radius in the 100-kilometer range).

Has a new APRS-IS server build been released that would prevent large radius filters?

Just curious.

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
author of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client"), http://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.html