[aprssig] is there a new APRS-IS server filter restriction?

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Thu Nov 5 09:26:18 EST 2015

Some servers do have a restriction on the radius for the range filter to prevent someone from trying to define essentially a full feed on a filter port.  This value is adjustable by the sysop of the server as they know best what they want their server environment to support.  This is not a recent addition to server filtering and, because it is adjustable by the server sysop, is not a restriction on all servers.  That is why you may think it is a new server build when, in fact, it has been around for some time.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net