[aprssig] Orphaned Argent Data GPS? Panic!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Mar 31 19:46:53 EDT 2015

Re: List of popular consumer transceivers that CANNOT interact due to
interoperability problem demonstrating market niche for Comms Hub /
tactical mapping program

I’m 12 hours from a balloon launch and I opened my box of tiny GPS
receivers we have had from Argent Data and the bag has no docs!  I go to
the Argent data web site, and the GPS is not shown!

Does anyone know the pin out of these tiny receivers?  (I assume they came
from Argent Data since that is the box they are in).

They are tiny, about ¾” square and say WIESON on them.  They come with a
pigtail of black, red, blue white, blue yellow.  But I can find nothing
about where is 5V and NMEA out?

Thanks

Bob