[aprssig] Comet GP-9 for Terrestrial APRS anyone ?

Nagi Punyamurthula n0agi at n0agi.com
Sun Jul 26 23:00:23 EDT 2015

Hey all
I wanted to ask if anyone here in this DL, is using a Comet GP-9 for terrestrial APRS digi and iGate ?  I have been using the GP9 for about a year now and have been happy w/ it.  Although, it's resonance at 144.390 renders a higher SWR at ~1:1.5. I currently have this on my tower standing at about 80'. I am seeing 1.5 SWR.  I think that is higher than the expected. I was expecting that to be in the range of 1.2-1.4.  I double checked my connectors, cleaned up the radials and the elements w/ a few alcohol wipes;  still no improvement.   I also checked the SWR right at the antenna's SO-239 feedpoint; no change.

Anyone has any experience you might share in this context of GP9 in APRS digi/igate ops ?

Below is a screen shot of the GP-9 spec doc

Thanks
N0AGI, Nagi

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D0C7EE.3616C470]

73, N0AGI-Nagi