[aprssig] next beta build #71 of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client")

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 27 17:49:26 EDT 2015

Greetings, all.

The next build of YAAC is now available. It is only available by automatic update or manual download from my own website, http://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.html ; SourceForge is still only partially repaired and will not allow me to upload the new distribution.

Changes and updates include:

1. Support for all four variations of the APRS Position Report message, not just the variation appropriate for YAAC. This was primarily to support users of the Duchifat-1 satellite, but may be useful for other use cases as well.

2. Fix race conditions for dynamically updated raster maps (US NWS weather radar overlays) so a map refresh that happens to occur at the same time as a map redraw (caused by pan or zoom of the map) won't break raster map rendering.

3. More support for custom extensions to the OpenStreetMap data, primarily to support temporary events such as the Burning Man(R) arts festival and other temporary deployments.

Enjoy, everybody!

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
author of YAAC