[aprssig] Radio Shack demise - Lets take back 11 meters!

Doug Younker dougy at ruraltel.net
Fri Feb 27 04:55:28 EST 2015

  That used installed base is why I disagree.  I worked  for small
independent oil producer that used CB for 2 way radio communications.
When the band was open the noise from all those distant stations made
local use impossible, reducing range to less than a 1/2 mile on flat
Prairie.  11 Meters is "open" a whole lot more than 10 meters is. I
recall because the band was open is was useless for local stuff from
sunup until well past sunset.   A far cry from the usefulness of the
band before anarchy set in. when mobile to  mobile range of 15 miles
could be expected.  The current users aren't going to turn their  radios
off. 10 meters is so unused, a case can be made to use it as a return
to licensed CB use.  Hams need to make more use of  10 rather than
coveting 11. IMO anyway. Granted that experience is 20 years old, but
conversations of those who still use CB show conditions haven't
improved  any
73
  N0LKK