[aprssig] next beta build#56 of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client")

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 17:52:23 EST 2015

Greetings, all.

The next build of YAAC is out, upgradeable automatically or manually installable from the usual sources:
http://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/yetanotheraprsc

This build has relatively small changes, and is intended to try to troubleshoot why some users are having difficulty getting YAAC to transmit packets. Details of the changes are available in the release notes.

For those who tried to assist me to send packets through my Icom IC-7100, it appears to be working now. Not sure how good the packets are (may need to bump up the Tx delay setting in UZ7HO to account for the painfully slow PTT operation), but UZ7HO and CAT7200 now appear to be working together to successfully key up the 7100. Not sure what changed, unless perhaps I was starting the applications in the wrong order, or needed to click the Open button in CAT7200 before starting UZ7HO.

Enjoy!

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
author of YAAC