[aprssig] $60 WinBook TW700 Tablet -- Webpage With More Info Up

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Wed Feb 11 08:42:04 EST 2015

I ordered mine on Sunday (2/8/15) night and had it by yesterday (2/10/15).  I bought the TW700 because I found that between my 10" and 7" Android tablets, I never use the 10" because it's just too damn big to carry around on a regular basis.  So far, I really like it.  I too installed shell because I hate the tiled Windows 8 interface.  That made it much better to deal with.  My only software tests so far have been loading APRSIS32 and running that with my Kenwood D72 in GPS passthrough mode.  I ran that in the car this morning to work and it seemed to work well.  Really nice have a two device setup, including radio and GPS.  For those interested, I also installed the Arduino IDE, compiled and loaded a simple program to a test board.  No problems there.  I actually did that as a test for a woodworking buddy (yeah, woodworking and electronics can come together).
If they still have them by the end of the week, I'm thinking about ordering a couple more.  I already have ideas for them, including a standalone interface to my CNC controller/mill.  I might opt for the 10" for that application.
I'll keep playing with it to today to see how battery works out and basic function.  Good results here, so far! Jason Rausch - Amateur Radio Callsign: KE4NYV
RPC Electronics, LLC
www.rpc-electronics.com