[aprssig] DSTAR , Fusion , DMR

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 14:44:48 EDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 11:00 AM, Mike Lussier via aprssig
<aprssig at tapr.org> wrote:
> good afternoon all. I have been looking for the best way to beacon my
> repeaters. Then I got to thinking. Should there be a symbol for DSTAR, DMR &
> FUSION to distinguished them from each other and from analog repeaters ?

One (actually a few) of the repeater objects I beacon are for a
microwave data network. The mode is nv2. I just put "nv2 data" in the
comment.

A symbol for every mode would quickly be overwhelming. (I was going to
say that it would never scale with APRS symbols, but you know, it
might scale okay with overlays. OpenTrac's tree structure would make
this kind of thing more feasible.)

Tom KD7LXL