[aprssig] Recommended Behavior for Read-Only APRS-IS Clients?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Mon Apr 20 11:39:19 EDT 2015

On Apr 20, 2015, at 11:16 AM, Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists <hamlists at ametx.com> wrote:

> My statement was accurate regarding the keep-alives described at aprs-is.net.

Yes, Pete, I stand corrected. Despite the fact that APRServ and aprsd had keep alive long before you wrote the first line of javAPRSSrvr (and despite your statement that they were non-existant still often triggered on local (port 14579) feeds when you were starting your software), you in fact invented them. In fact, you invented the entire APRS-IS: my, Dale's, Steve's, and the rest's work was simply laying the groundwork for you to invent the APRS-IS. You probably were the guy that gave Al Gore the idea for the internet too. Feel better?

Steve K4HG