[aprssig] Stealth digis

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed Nov 5 12:27:16 EST 2014

ID requirements in the US provide for a CW ID.  There is no actual
requirement to put the transmitters callsign inside the AX.25 packets.

And the only way you can determine if a digipeater or IGate is properly
IDing is to go there and monitor the RF to see which ID they may be
providing.

Of course, that said, it's far easier to just put out a periodic beacon
AND insert your call in the path of every transmitted packet to be 100%
sure that the 10 minute ID requirement is being fully met.