[aprssig] program for linix

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri May 23 09:36:55 EDT 2014

> On 22/05/14 16:04, Max Harper wrote:
>
>  Does the server port only work with xastir or is it compatible with
> other aprs programs such as UIView32. I wish there was a server port
> built-in to the AX.25 stack in Linux that looked just like the APRS-IS,
> then any computer on the network could use it.
>
> ​The closest thing is ldsped, which will provide access to the AX25
network via 1 or more agwpe compatible interfaces.  For example, an old
computer or Raspberry Pi running LInux can be connected to a TNC and set up
with AX25 networking and run a headless Igate such as aprx along with
ldsped.  UIView or APRSIS32 could be running on a separate Windows computer
on the same network and access the TNC via AGW interfaces.  Most APRS
clients support AGW interfaces, so this setup does enable any computer on
the network to access the RF from a single TNC/radio combo.

Lee - K5DAT