[aprssig] program for linix

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu May 22 10:38:31 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 8:22 AM, AC <kf4lvz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> That wasn't my experience with the port.  I had many packets go out over
> the air wrong because I formatted the packet wrong.  It never repackaged
> anything.  That could have changed in some later code but at the time it
> wasn't the case for me.

I'm not positive about the verification, so it may well gate the packet as-is.

xastir most certainly will not gate everything it hears on the server
port.  The only packets eligible to be gated are:

1 - packets with the same source call sign as the xastir station

2 - packets from stations with call signs/callsign prefixes specified
in a configuration file that must be created manually.

Of course, nothing gets gated unless the various "allow igate"
settings are configured accordingly.  If gating is allowed, then it
gates according to the two rules above.

I've been through this in the last few weeks.

-Jason
kg4wsv