[aprssig] APRS Symbol Updates 2014! (corrected!)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 19 19:59:58 EDT 2014

> Will this be fully backwards-compatible with the existing symbol set?

Should be, But I was WRONG.  There is nothing wrong with the \O for rocket
and \g for glider.  They exist, and no reason to change.  I will remove
them from my proposed changes....

So here is what this email should have said:

AIRCRAFT
/^ = LARGE Aircraft
\^ = top-view originally intended to point in direction of flight
D^ = Drone
E^ = Enemy aircraft (too bad I cant use the original Hostile)
H^ = Hovercraft  (new may 2014)
J^ = JET  (new may 2014)
M^ = Missile  (new may 2014)
V^ = Vertical takeoff  (new may 2014)

>. There were some problems with your currently posted APRS 1.2 proposed
extended symbols that conflicted with existing usages (ex.: D-star
gateways as D&).

Can you remind me of this problem?  Ill go see what I can find.
Bob