[aprssig] APRS CSMA Settings

Kenneth Finnegan kennethfinnegan2007 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:21:28 EDT 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
>  whereas all other
> stations should have a Dwait... (hummh... of what??? What is the default?
> I hope it is not zero for every TNC out of the box?)

On the KAM+ I'm looking at right now, it has a somewhat odd 500ms
DWait + 100ms slot and 63/255 P-pers default.

I've seen 350ms Dwait on some newer firmwares.

A 300ms Dwait or P-pers slot time with a 250ms TXdelay jives with the
hardware measurements I'm doing. That's almost exactly the numbers
I've got derived as optimal in my notes.