[aprssig] Balloon profile switching

Bruce Coates bruce.coates at sasktel.net
Mon Mar 17 17:55:10 EDT 2014

Hi Tony

I was planning on adding exactly this into my Trackuino code.  It already
has profile switching above a specified altitude (5000 feet around Saskatoon
or 8000 if GPSL goes back to Denver)  I was also going to add an additional
switch on descent that would beacon with a single hop at a rate of every 10
seconds for the last 1000 or so feet of descent.  We would include one hop
because we set all of our vehicle trackers as fill-in digipeaters once we
get outside the existing digipeater coverage.  I also plan to tell it to go
back to once a minute after is senses the GPS isn't descending any more.

As you know, those of us in the prairies hardly don't need a radar altimeter
to know the altitude of the ground.  ;-)

73, Bruce - VE5BNC

SABRE