[aprssig] 9k6 Packet SDR

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Thu Mar 13 19:44:41 EDT 2014

I'm not the best person to be answering those questions, however, the
various projects for which the DTV dongle has been used suggest a wide
scope of applications including the ones you ask about. I've listened to
FM radio but have not delved into anything else except ADSB, my purpose
for buying the dongle.

What I do know is that the Realtek dongle is required because the I & Q
outputs are available from the chip for external processing.

I did post a link that lists a large number of applications for the
dongle. Here it is again. http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr

Ray vk2tv