[aprssig] Paths - Solution proposal

Mike Goldweber mike at mikegoldweber.name
Tue Jul 15 10:29:55 EDT 2014

Just a thought on this point.  My ARES group is getting up to speed on digital communications, but we are quickly hitting limitation when it comes time for supporting our served agencies.  For example, we've got software that lets us use a nice GUI for sending/receiving emails, and even some of the government forms.  This software converts forms into text, and the baud rates are fine.  Where we will run into difficulty is when a non-ham (ie someone who doesn't understand the tech, or its limitations), and expects us to send a word document loaded with photographs.

We are looking at other options to get around these limitations, e.g. wireless mesh networks.  So, I think the TNCs are fine for some work, we should be open to new tech along with how APRS standards can utilize the new functionality.

73,
Mike Goldweber
KB3IXO

--------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: [aprssig] Paths - Solution proposal