[aprssig] Paths - Solution proposal

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jul 15 10:06:31 EDT 2014

KA7O wrote...

> Not simply because it's known - but more importantly from my
> viewpoint, they're currently in hand. There's no new investment
> to make.

APRS was built on using existing equipment. For many people, that is
important, but how long do we continue to use old technology? Another 5
years? 25? 100? What we have works for now, and does a surprisingly good
job considering the limitations. However, I suspect we won't be running
1200 bits per second with a maximum of 50-65 users within earshot and
having to fiddle with paths forever. Change will come. It's just a
matter of when.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH
UI-View32