[aprssig] Paths - Solution proposal

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jul 15 21:17:55 EDT 2014

I've been driving around with a prototype magnetically mounted 9600
baud, 2/3 watt, 440 MHz self-contained tracker with a battery life of
about 10 days (assuming 8 hours moving per day), putting out packets
every 6 seconds.  I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get it up to 4 time
slots per second from the current 2 per second with a little more
tweaking.  I have yet to determine if the TH-D7A acting as my IGate can
keep up with that packet rate, though.

So yeah, people are still working on it.  There are only so many hours
in the day, though.

Scott
N1VG