[aprssig] Here we go again...sigh

Christopher Snell chris.snell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 16:51:11 EDT 2014

There's a great document that Jerry Gable KF7MVY put together:

     http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/6764416/243730317/name/APRS.pdf

The problem is that it's a PDF and not ranked very highly by Google's
search index.   It would make a great front-page addition to www.aprs.org
or, better yet, a dedicated APRS-on-balloons page that would be more likely
to be found by HABers.   Besides the PATH tutorial, other useful info might
include links to the various commercial and homebrew trackers,
balloon-compatible antenna designs, tracking software, lists of potential
iGate volunteers for non-144.39 freqs, etc.

I just registered a domain for a HAB-specific APRS page:  *aprshab.org
<http://aprshab.org>*.   I know that Bob Bruninga has a trademark on APRS
but if he will approve, I will set up and host a wiki that we can populate
(as a community) with balloon-specific APRS knowledge.   Bob, if you don't
approve, I'll ditch the domain.

Thoughts?

Chris NW5W