[aprssig] next beta build #31 of YAAC ("Yet Another APRS Client")

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 28 00:34:36 EST 2014

Greetings.

The next build of YAAC is now available, downloadable from the usual sources:

http://www.ka2ddo.org/ka2ddo/YAAC.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/yetanotheraprsc

or upgradable with YAAC's automatic upgrade feature.

Improvements include:

1. Allowing stations with symbols other than for weather stations to send
      weather data (using the positionless weather report in addition to the
      normal position report for the station).
2. Support "blacklisting" stations that are sending illegal traffic, so that
      digipeater and I-gate stations can protect themselves from transmitting
      such traffic.
3. Fix some bugs in the I-gating logic, and add a new report of stations being
      Tx I-gated by the YAAC station.
4. Confirm that the user intends to take over another station's Object before
      actually completing an edit of an Object.
5. Allow creating weather event Objects.
6. Make the pages in YAAC's mini-webserver automatically refresh themselves
      in the viewer's web browser.
7. Handle invalidly-formatted APRS position reports where only two degree digits
      are specified for longitudes.

Enjoy!

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO
author of YAAC