[aprssig] How To Use APRS With Some Peace Of Mind - SOB

Herb Gerhardt hgerhardt at wavecable.com
Mon Jan 20 16:06:38 EST 2014

Interesting comments, however, are you aware that if you have a smart phone,
you already gave your permission for certain people in the know, to know
where you are at every moment.  Well not exactly true, it is where your
smart phone is at every moment.  You gave them that permission by
downloading certain apps for your phone.  Then there are those apps that
state in the fine print that you not only give them permission to track your
lat/long but also give them permission to operate your camera on your smart
phone without your knowledge.  Bet you were not aware of that either.......

As one guru told me a long time ago, I would suggest you don't take your
phone into your bedroom or bathroom......

Get over the paranoia, there is no more privacy in our modern world.  You
just need to be aware of that and live your life accordingly.  No, I opted
not to get a smart phone, I got along just fine without one so far........

So let's not worry about APRS privacy since APRS is such a trivial way of
tracking you and knowing where you are.....

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site:  http://www.nwaprs.info