[aprssig] TM-D710 control

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 20:18:17 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Tony VE6MVP <tony at ve6mvp.com> wrote:
> On 26 Feb 2014, at 8:09 am, Tony VE6MVP <tony at ve6mvp.com> wrote:
>
> At 01:44 PM 2014-02-24, Andrew Rich wrote:
>
> Found it
>
> + The radio body port is for freq etc
> + The head port is for TNC
>

> No, it's not that simple.  The radio body com port is for updating the radio
> body firmware and the memory.   The head com port is for updating the
> control head firmware, TNC settings, and current A and B side radio settings
> including frequency, offset and tone.   And, of course, send and receiving
> data packets..
>
> Tony
>

> At 02:21 PM 2014-02-25, Andrew Rich wrote:
>
> That's odd
>
> I can not get the d710 to do any command other than tnc via the head
>
> Also d710 group confirms d710 freq is set via body
>

> No the D710 group did not confirm that the active D710 freq is set via body.
> There's a difference between updating the frequencies in the memories in the
> body and updating the settings visible on the control head.

I have a V71, not a 710, but considering the only difference is which
head is attached, I can confirm serial communication is done by the PC
port on the body. Using the commands in Kai's PDF you can change the
memories in addition to setting the VFO and all other settings, which
directly affects what is displayed on the control head.

Brett KQ9N