[aprssig] Confused About Setting APRS Path On FT1D

n4lbl alan.schulman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 11:33:36 EST 2014

I hope that this is the correct venue for my question.  I've had no replies
on a Yaesu specific list-server.

I don't know if I am understanding how the Yaesu FT1D sets APRS paths.  A
reasonable assumption is that I've made a mistake.

When I set the path to what I believe to be wide1-1 (menu 9, 18, p2)
aprs.fireports my mic-e sorta printable message as:
2014-02-22 19:21:21 MST: *N4LBL-7
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=N4LBL-7>*>SXTUXS,WIDE1,qAR,KD0SFY<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=KD0SFY>
:`pMNl <0x1c>k/`"H]}_$
hence I believe my path is wide1-1.

When I think I set the path to wide1-1,wide2-1 (menu 9, 18, p3) the message
is:
2014-02-22 19:22:31 MST: *N4LBL-7
<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=N4LBL-7>*>SXTUXS,WIDE1*,qAR,KD0SFY<http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&limit=&call=KD0SFY>
:`pMOl 0k/`"Hl}_$
hence I believe my path is still wide1-1.

Am I correct when I say I am only producing wide1-1 packets??  If I am then
I'll call Yaesu support and have them either hold my hand to show me how to
set it right or have them correct their code.  Any other suggestions?

thanx,,,   73,,,
     Alan,,,,,   n4lbl