[aprssig] EMERGENCY test...

andrewemt andrewemt at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 11:51:54 EDT 2014

It is interesting that VE7HMW-9's packet tocall (destination) callsign starts with all digits instead of letters, indicating the Mic-E status bits are all zero. So, either someone is "fixing" his tocall (maybe because it doesn't look like a valid callsign, though this is worse), or he actually is sending emergency.  His latitude does look a little south for a Canadian,  but not unreasonably so for a mobile, considering where his home fixed station is. You'd think that if those three bits got mangled then more would have been mangled to give him a totally ludicrous position instead of one relatively close to home.

Just my $.02.

Andrew, KA2DDO