[aprssig] EMERGENCY test...

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 11:25:51 EDT 2014

On Fri, 8 Aug 2014, Keith VE7GDH wrote:

> A few times over the last week or so, a few emergency beacons have been
> received from a VE7HMW-9, but the operator says he didn't have it set to
> emergency. The emergency beacon was decoded by an FTM-400D and also showed at
> findu.com, but not on aprs.fi.
>
> For a test, I will be sending several emergency beacons from VE7GDH-9 in a
> few minutes with a status text of...
>
> "This is a test - NOT an emergency."

Saw an alert from your station this morning on Xastir here at work (internet-connected, not radio).

We may have a digi or fill-in in the area that is corrupting packets, as Lynn mentioned.  I sometimes see emergency packets or RDF vectors appear on my map because of corrupted packets.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Client Capabilities:  http://wetnet.net/~we7u/aprs_capabilities.html