[aprssig] EMERGENCY test...

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Aug 8 12:23:31 EDT 2014

Lynn KJ4ERJ wrote...

 > I suspect that there's a digipeater or IGate in the area that
 > has PASSALL enabled and is gating invalid packets to the APRS-IS
 > causing the Mic-E bits (mbits: below) to be 000.

That is certainly a possibility. As I heard it on RF, it would suggest a
digi rather than an IGate. There was one bogus position that placed
VE7HMW-9 about 330 km to the south of his actual position. That could
have been bogus info from the GPS or a packet corrupted after
transmission, would require PASSALL in a TNC or something odd going on
in the IGate.

 > But if you actually received the Emergency packets on your radio

I've heard the emergency beacons on RF, but not direct.

I've finished my own on-air emergency beacons with "This is a test - NOT
an emergency." embedded in them.

I'll keep watching but will assume emergency beacons from VE7HMW-9 are
bogus.

--
73 Keith VE7GDH
UI-View32