[aprssig] [APRS] Announcement of WA1PLE-15 digipeater in SW Boston Area

Bob Burns W9BU w9bu_lists at rlburns.net
Tue Sep 24 17:06:06 EDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Tony VE6MVP <tony at ve6mvp.com> wrote:

> Therefore I would suggest that the repeater object have a path of WIDE1-1
> or WIDE2-1 so the adjacent digipeaters see the packet and display it on
> your device as you pass near those digipeaters.

In my opinion, repeater objects should only take digipeater hops if the
voice repeater covers the combined range of the nearby repeaters.

If the coverage area of the digipeater that originates the repeater object
and the voice repeater's coverage area are roughly the same, then
"advertising" the voice repeater outside its coverage area is useless
information to the traveler.

(the other) Bob...