[aprssig] FW: Jonathan Trappe Cluster Balloon Flight to Use APRS

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Sep 12 09:10:11 EDT 2013

At least this one is tracking a live human flight!  I'd gladly give
network space to such a mission as compared to just a few cameras and
radios in a "dumb" payload. He's planning to be out of APRS coverage in
short order anyway.

http://www.clusterballoon.com/

PS.  But I 100% agree with your option of WIDE1-1 for anything over a
few thousand feet!