[aprssig] FW: Tranasatlantic multi-balloon mission in progress (bailed out?)

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Sep 12 11:21:07 EDT 2013

I just noticed he dropped from over 9000’ to ZERO near the shore line and
now it is back up to 3000’ and rising.  I wonder if he bailed out at his
last chance to stay dry.  Then let the balloon go since what else could you
do with it.

Bob

*Subject:* Tranasatlantic multi-balloon mission in progress

Track the Balloon using APRS:
http://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FKJ4GQV&timerange=3600&tail=3600

Here is the web page:  http://www.clusterballoon.com/

The balloon is IN FLIGHT and just crossed the Canada Shoreline at around 11
AM EDT.  APRS is tracking it though the launchers have not yet updated
their web page!

Bob