[aprssig] APRS device identifiers (tocalls.txt)

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Oct 25 12:19:53 EDT 2013

AFAIK your tocalls.txt file is only used by humans, no automatic tools.
At least, I can say that's how I use it because of formatting
inconsistencies that made machine processing too difficult to be worthwhile.

So don't let me hold you back from making changes, but I'm not sure what
"codified" means, though.  Many of us have already massaged the
information in various ways into our APRS client source code.  We're
just exploring a way to make the information more directly machine
readable while hopefully retaining some human usability and certainly
human editing/revising.

And I find the APX in the first column handy for my eye to find the
section I'm after, so for this human reading it, I find it useful.